Monday, September 6, 2010

Isn’t that Niçoise?

This is my absolute favorite dish for hot summer days. I make it at least once every summer and I always make sure I have the ingredients on hand. It’s from an intriguing little cookbook called Cool Food. It’s very fast and the only real cooking is the boiling of the pasta. I often – as I did this time – use angel hair which cooks up even faster than spaghetti.. This dish is best served at room temperature.
Spaghetti Niçoise (6 to 8 servings)
  • 1 lb. spaghetti or angel hair, cooked and drained.
  • 3 cans good-quality tuna in olive oil
  • ½ cup Kalamata or Niçoise olives, pitted and halved
  • 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 4 anchovy fillets, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 tsp. lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp. baby capers, drained
  • ¼ cup parsley, chopped
  1. Empty the tuna and its oil into a large bowl. Add the olives, tomato halves, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, capers, and parsley.Add the pasta and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment